Andreas Mantke wrote (10-02-14 22:38)
Hi Cor,

Am 10.02.2014 22:06, schrieb Cor Nouws:

I try to summarize what I got from your draft:

You want a home page (landing page) that has search box, a listing of
search results, the login, a link to information about installing
extensions, a link to a bugtracker and a link to an explanation of the
purpose of extensions (or a box with a teaser and a link to the long
explanation).

Did I summarize that correct?

Yes, that is OK, plus that I would like to have searches for Most
recent, Most popular, and By category.

Should that be search forms or a button/link that trigger a search and
give back the result in the list field on the site? I figure out the latter.

Yes .. simple search box.

And the bugtracker may also info on how/where to report bugs ..

Hmm. A bugtracker on the site or the upcomming LibreOffice bugtracker?

Or a simple form to send a mail to the author (as you suggested in the
other mail - from my experience with extensions that is fine. If one
wants different, he/she can add an url for feed back in the description)

But then I'm a bit lost. The next fields in your spreadsheet are further
pages?
Are they in a hierarchical order?

OK, I clarified the sketch a bit.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:ExtensionsSite_IdeasOnContent_CorNouws_20140210.ods

Do we want to create projects for the extensions?

For a user that would not be interesting, I guess. Only from a technical
POV that might matter?

Right. But without a structure the site will be a mess soon.

Yes, But I try to look from the user/authors perspective only :)

Should there be a release for an extension with information about the
LibreOffice version that it works with?

Yes, see the page "New extension" though LibreOffice version is not
mandatory IMO.

But it would be a value for users to know which version(s) of
LibreOffice the extension is working with. Thus I prefer to make that
mandatory. This would make it possible to search for extensions that run
with a specific version of LibreOffice. On the other hand it put a
burden on the author, because he had to add new versions of LibreOffice
later.

A smart solution seems to have the version "all"
And if that's wrong, the author will hear complaints. ;)

How many different extension files are posible for a release?
If there is some compiled stuff inside an extension it could run e.g.
only on Linux-i586 or -x64.
Ah, interesting. Yes of course it's very good to take that onto
consideration. Would it be needed to add a limit?
Can't it be simple
  [ upload path ]    [ for version |V] (list)  [ for OS |V] (list)    +

where version and OS have 'all' too and that clicking + adds a new line
and that at the end the author clicks [Add]  or  [Submit] ?

If the site uses an own content type for the file upload you could ad as
many files as you like. But if the contributor choose the files on the
release page itself there had to be a field for each file. Otherwise the
former file would be dropped once the contributor choose a new one.

In my previous message I wrote a IMO simpeler solution.

Regards,
Cor
--
Cor Nouws