Hi Andreas, all,

Andreas Mantke wrote (11-02-14 22:18)

after the feedback from Cor I thought of an alternative structure
(hierarchy) of the content types. It would be more flat.
[...]
-- ExtensionsCenter (EC)
-- ExtensionsProject (EP)
-- ExtensionsRelease (ER)

The EC will contain in the edit view form fields to customize the total
center, e.g. to add LibreOffice versions, categories, licenses. The view
will show a search form with result area, short search links etc.

Some late thoughts - not included in my sketch:
(.. now that we are looking at the design ;) )

 - search in titles of the extensions or in descriptions or in both
 - (maybe votes ..)
 - when it comes to different versions for different OS-es, I would say
   make a different Extension (thus name) for that (since that must be
   rare occasions and it saves some work on the design and buidling)

The contributor will have to create (or get) an account and start with a
project for each extension.

As long as that action is called "New extension" > OK

There will be a edit form where he will be asked for the necessary information
about the extension project.

OK

The view of the project will show information about the project, e.g.
category, description and maybe a form to send messages to the project
owner.

+1 for the latter idea.

There will also be links to the releases and for the download of the
files (for each public release).

Links to the releases and link to download the latest, I guess ?

The release content type will contain the information about the release
and all extensions files of that release with the information about
license and appropriate platform. I had to add about 5 or 6 file fields
to the release content type.

I guess the user (the one who downloads) will see the 'content type' ?

It would be possible to add some more information to each content type,
e.g. install instructions, legal information for users, images
(screenshots, logos).

I think some of those will be the same for all versions of the
extension. So omitting to fill in by the author (and easy link or such)
would be helpful.

Does this structure sound more user friendly? Feedback? Additions?

For what I realise now (trying to visualise your technical terms) I
think it's good.

Wonder if others with experience/knowledge of other extensions-sites see
some omissions / ideas ..

Cheers,
Cor

--