On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
Le 09/04/13 01:24 PM, Dave Johnson a écrit :

In terms of spelling... North American English or British English, which
version are you preferring? If you don't like the reference to the US for
the sake of opinion... Lets stick with North American English then.

Sent from my iPad

We have no nl EN groups and use international-EN as our base by convention,

I've never heard of "International-EN", but I'll go read up on it now :-)

It would be as if we had put FR-CA, and ES-CO as language designation which
we do not do.

Just as a point of clarification, I believe that en-US is a very
common default in many FOSS distros or software packages, so I think
that in this case there might be some justification based on
consistency. Personally, 'International-EN' sounds like a fine choice.

Therefore by simple logic EN should also follow the same
format as the rest of the language choices.

That seems reasonable to me. If we do have just one version of the
text for all English-speaking visitors, we should put an emphasis on
clarity and try to avoid idiomatic phrases or country-specific
vocabulary that could be confusing to a chunk of our native English
speakers.

--R