Hi Christian, Friedrich,

Am 28.03.2013 13:08, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Erich Christian <erich_tdf@irq.at> wrote:
Am 27.03.2013 15:58, schrieb Florian Effenberger:
[libobox-torrent sync module]
Is this still required?

[mirrorbrain a 'recommended' replacement]

mirrorbrain won't really help, as those are meant to be torrent-seeds,
while mirrorbrain deals with http/ftp mirrors.

The idea with those is to assure that there are capable seeds for the
box ASAP, without taking the detour of downloading the file using a
traditional mirror.

ok, click  ;)

While rtorrent on bilbo likely has enough bandwidth, it has a limit
set on the open files, or in other words the number of concurrently
seeded torrents. So having dedicated seed for the files where
torrent-use is most likely (large iso) and on the other hand
low-volume (comparably few users download the iso - other files like
for example the windows installer can easily sustain themselves by the
swarm, even when the file is in the queue on bilbo).

Thanks for another glance into the many levels of "understanding how
things work"  :)

But since we now have webseeds within the torrents, not having a
dedicated torrent-seed available is not that much of a problem.

But I also don't see a reason against the rsync module - the torrents
are there anyway, and the tiny torrent files shouldn't put any stress
on the server - it enlarges the config, but that's about it :-)

But of course left to the Box-staff to decide whether they want it.