Am 31.01.2013 21:14, schrieb Marc Paré:
Le 2013-01-31 13:58, Erich Christian a écrit :
Am 31.01.2013 19:17, schrieb Marc Paré:
[https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes]

It already helps to delete one of the two "border" style attributes, the
first one calls the black lines. (Firebug helps :)

I have the borders showing only the bottom line on each row and this
is correctly drawn on FireFox, Chrome does not draw these and gives a
blank.

No, white not blank.

let me translate

style="border: 1px solid #ffffff;"  ==> a 1px solid white border
(invisble with a white background)

border="1"  ==>  default border, usually black (#000000), 1px solid

Looks like two commands for the same attribute are confusing browsers.

Just for reference, the correct look that I want to achieve is the one
in FF and IE. Not sure why it is not showing the same in Chrome.

My guess would be, Chrome ignores the old-fashioned border=1 tag for
CSS2+ was going for style=...

The table on top is showing a default border=1 without an extra white
border attribute.

In case you want the white border around the table you might still set
border-bottom/right for respective cells in black to try to convince Chrome.

Cheers
Erich