Hi Marc,

Am 31.01.2013 19:17, schrieb Marc Paré:
The  "4.0 New Features and Fixes" is going live next week and for the
past 3-4 releases we have been ignoring the fact that our pages are
not rendered the same under Chrome.

The problem is a known problem with Chrome with rendering sides in a
Table. So, for example if you go to our soon to be released page
[https://www.libreoffice.org/download/4-0-new-features-and-fixes] and
view it in FireFox and compare it with Chrome you will see that the
sides in Chrome do not render correctly.

I have tested the page on WinIE, FF, Chrome, Opera. All of the
Chrome-type browsers behave the same way.

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

What exactly do you want to achieve?

Imho only Chrome and Safari display a white collapsed border correctly:
(taken quickly by Firebug)

and
.typography table {
    border-collapse: collapse;

but I see a black borders between cells in Mozilla, IE, Opera.

It already helps to delete one of the two "border" style attributes, the
first one calls the black lines. (Firebug helps :)

Suggesting valign=top and some padding for the cells.

HTH

Cheers
Erich