On Oct 10, 2012 11:47 AM, "Florian Effenberger" <
floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Rainer Bielefeld wrote on 2012-10-10 09:31:

My concerns written on "[libreoffice-website] Re: Does wiki want to come
out and play? - Problem - ReCaptcha" still exist.

the alternative is to close down self-creation of accounts completely,
and only create them on request.

Wouldn't it be better to manually enable or manage the very few account
requests from visually impaired community members rather than manage all
account requests?  You could add a line to the account page say something
along the lines of "If you cannot read the captcha contact wiki support for
assistance" along with some sort of contact method. (I did this manual
enable step a few times over the years on the old OOo wiki and it seemed to
work ok)

Wiki spam is a HUGE problem. Without a Captcha or some other hurdle for
account creation the wiki spambots can and will create dozens or even
hundreds of accounts per day (along with 1 or more defacing edits per spam
account) once they latch onto an open wiki. Disabling the Captcha is a
maintenance nightmare.

C.