Hi Marc, *,

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
[...]

I agree with Björn for his general remarks about the proposed
categories (too many to go live, esp. the announcements and
installation ones)
his post:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-qa/2012-October/002751.html

But let's focus on the website part in this one.

We are hoping to hear from a lead in this list (after discussion with your
members) as to whether you would like to:

Disclaimer: somewhat consider myself a leading role for the
infrastructure/technical part, as after all you all owe it to me that
silverstripe is used :-P and that the forum will be jforum based, so
I'm technically involved more than others, but that also only covers
that part - from the content part, I play a minor role...

* move the list to a forum [...] OR
* not use the forums at all [...]  OR
* test-try using both the forum and this mailing list for a period of time [...]

I personally prefer the mailinglist for any problem reports whatsoever
(I also prefer plain mails to the mailinglist for simple stuff instead
of filing bugs that then send notification to the list/me). Replying
is quicker, gmail has wonderful archive/search,... It is only that I
sometimes dismiss a thread too early and then forget about stuff :-))

As I volunteered to be moderator for the website/infrastructure
category/forum, I'll monitor the forum anyway (i.e. will receive any
posts by mail anyway) - so it doesn't make that much of a difference
to me where the "main" place will be.

Maililnglist has the benefit of being able to cross-post to
l10n/project list, fast & easy replies. Forum's benefits: not sure
whether they matter for the website list...

tl;dr

I don't care that much. My preference is mailinglist, but I'll also
monitor the forum, so not that much difference for me.

ciao
Christian