Rainer Bielefeld wrote on 2012-10-06 11:28:

I doubt that that one will be a very effective protection, but I like
the approach from that side. If we see that that's not enough, we will
have to increase the barrier.

we can do so, but just to be honest: Given the rapid growth in spam over the last months (ask Sophie and Volker, they have to deal with it day by day), I am sure we very soon need an alternative.

VisualMathCaptcha seems some more effective.

But it has no audio support, IMHO, and doesn't run on the latest MediaWiki revisions.

I normally see no problems with FancyCaptcha.

We had this in the past, but it has no audio support either. :(

But I think all those picture Captchas without an acoustic are not
acceptable.

Exactly.
So, my take is to move to the QuestyCaptcha, which means we need some sensible questions ("Who stands behind LibO?", "What is the color ouf our suite?", ...) to come up with.

What's with our thoughts concerning Open ID?

Still a plan, but no concrete ETA as of now.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108