On 05/05/2012 09:41 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2012-05-04 18:54, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
Positioning: as it is now - I would either make it full-width (i.e.
890px wide, to be in-line with the margin that is used for the
content).
And if it was me, I'd use a height of 450px - at that size the whole
calendar view would fit my browser window even with a horizontal
scroll bar displayed.
(1280x800 resolution, gnome2.x with one panel, chromium browser)

Not sure whether it is planned to add text to the page or whether the
plan is to only show the calendar by itself.

ciao
Christian

I've modified the positioning of the calendar and it really made a big difference. It looks like it could easily fit on a netbook. It would help if someone could check on a netbook and give feedback. I'll also check it on a netbook next time I'm out at a computer store with netbooks on display.

Let me know how it looks on the Silverstripe draft site[1]. NB: You have to be logged in to view the page.

If all is OK, I'll publish the page. The calendar has already been populated with most of the upcoming events that I could find on the lists.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] https://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/libreoffice-international-events-calendar/?stage=Stage

Is there any way for us without a password to see the work so far?
You gave the resolution at 1280x800, but I have 1366x768 on my desktop [max resolution for my monitor]. So if it is created for a specific resolution, and you do not have it, then there may be troubles down the line.

There are several Ubuntu packages that were created for a window height of 800 or more, and will not resize so someone who has a 768 px high max windows height will never see the bottom of their package's window and its controls at the bottom of their window. That really is a pain if that was the only package you can find to do what you want.

So I was wondering if there was a way for others to see what is being done with your calendar to see if it fits on our smaller screens?

I currently run 1366x768 on Ubuntu 10.04LTS/GNOME 2.x [desktop]
and 1280x800 on 12.04LTS/MATE [laptop not used often]