Hi all!

Cool, thanks for improvements already made.

Am Sonntag, den 19.02.2012, 16:24 -0500 schrieb webmaster for Kracked
Press Productions:
On 02/19/2012 04:06 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Anders Holbøll<andershol@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 19-02-2012 21:15, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
When I pressed the green button to download one of the "help packs" I
did not press the first line of words, but below them.
That gave me the "torrent" file.
The torrent and info links should of course be removed entirely.
VETO! I strongly disagree here. I absolutely want the torrents links
to be available. Removing the possibility to use torrents will only
happen when my computers catch fire and cut me off from reverting any
changes that remove this possibility :-)

ciao
Christian

Those links need to be there.  I would take them out of the single green
button image, and place them in a list below the "regular" file list.
Ubuntu and other Linux sites seem to have the "normal" downloads listed
first, then a "torrent" file download listing.  The "Info"  download
might need to be listed after that.  But Torrents need to be listed
somewhere.

I feel free to point at my initial proposal for that page :-)

Here is the page example "latest features, expanded options":
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/8/80/2011-07-01_DownloadPage_Features_Linux_Expanded.png

I've placed the torrent and info links in the "Download Options" area,
so that these do not interfere with the rest of the buttons content.
Plus, it makes it possible to explain stuff like "Torrents" to less
experienced users.

Here is the default page hiding the special links (collapsed options):
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/7/7c/2011-07-01_DownloadPage_Default_Windows_Collapsed.png

This page should work for 99% of all users. In comparison to the latest
download page being online (featuring three very similar download
buttons), it varies size/color of the buttons to visually guide the user
what download is essential and what pieces are optional. That should
speed up the decision process of users.

The full documentation and requirements list for the page is here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Download_Page

By the way, I surely missed the discussions about the button captions
and I'm sorry for being late. To me, the labels mix up what users might
expect from "LibreOffice" and how we "need" to deliver LibreOffice.
      * "Main installer": What might a user expect when downloading the
        main installer? To me, it is about the "LibreOffice Software" or
        just "LibreOffice" In my initial mockups, I've used
        only"LibreOffice", since users are primarily searching for this
        item.
      * "Translated user interface": Does a user really need that to run
        LibreOffice? The page design suggests that you need to download
        all three pieces to get (in my case) the automatically detected
        "Linux - deb (x86_64), version 3.5.0, English (US)", whilst
        en-US is included in the main installer. Finally, is it just
        about the UI, or does the language pack also include stuff like
        spellchecking? If yes, then its a language pack or localization
        pack.
      * "LibreOffice built-in help": To me it sounds a bit confusing if
        I need to separately download something which (from its name)
        suggests to be already "built-in". Again, the page design
        suggests that it is not possible to work with LibreOffice if
        this item is missed.

Again, thanks to all who helped to already improve that page so
drastically!

Cheers,
Christoph