Bonjour Jean-Baptiste

Le 2012-02-18 12:40, Jean-Baptiste Faure a écrit :

Frankly, I do not know, these authentication questions are not clear at
all for me. What I know is that I see more and more websites where you
need a Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. account to login and I do not
like that. For me, each website should be able to guaranty its users
that what it knows from them will not be shared with others unless the
user accepts/wants that expressly.

best regards.
JBF

I think that this is what OpenID is trying to address. People did not want to have multiple logins to multiple sites. So, in theory, OpenID allows people to login to participating sites with a login/password they use at a trusted OpenID site. The caveat is that the OpenID providers will give access to your personal data with the other participating OpenID sites[1]. Some of this data is used to "better market" banners to users.

So, a user who wants the least possible personal data, will use a trusted site from which this user will have put in the amount of data that satisfies her/his wish.

As an example, I use one of my Google accounts login/password that will allow the data that I wish to share with the participating OpenID sites. I prefer this method of centralizing one's ID from a trusted OpenID site.

If you are particularly picky about whom you would trust as an OpenID participant, then you can apply to become and OpenID provider and be your own OpenID agent. As an OpenID agent, if you wished, you could then offer other people, who feel exactly like you with regards to privacy, to store their data on your site and guarantee the safe keeping of their data. They would then login to participating OpenID sites with the login/password from your site.

Maybe the TDF, at some point, would want to join the OpenID group and become an OpenID provider. As we are considered one of the big open projects of the internet, from a marketing point of view, this would clearly give us an additional edge. We would then join the other big projects such as Google, Flicker, Facebook, Twitter etc.[2].

However, all this said, I am disappointed that the OpenID people have as yet not translated their site. It's a shame that the participating OpenID groups have not lent a hand at translating the site.

Cheers,

Marc

[1] http://openid.net/add-openid/
[2] ask.libreoffice.org