Hi Florian,

thanks for your thoughts and the explanation ...

Am Samstag, den 17.09.2011, 13:14 +0200 schrieb Florian Effenberger:
Christoph Noack wrote on 2011-09-16 21:15:
[...]
http://stablelink.libreoffice.org/1

which forwards tohttp://feedback.libreoffice.org  today, and maybe later
to another page asking for<insertreasonhere>? This would give us
maximum flexibility ... even for adding LibO version specific meta data
to the "stablelink".

thanks for this proposal. Indeed, that might make sense, and it could
also help to pre-fill certain elements of the bug tracker already (like
"Which version do you use?").

What I have in mind is to stick with feedback.libreoffice.org, but to
submit more details via POST or (preferably, because "nicer") GET
requests. In case of plain HTML, this wouldn't harm, but in case of some
script, it could read these values. We can even enhance the variables
over time, just their names need to be the same.

What do you think?

Well, I understand your proposal to that extend that I know that I don't
understand it well enough, since I lack the technical background :-)

So I'm fine with any proposal as long as it satisfies certain needs - so
just to be sure (I would be happy if Rainer objects if any of my
thoughts are weird):
      * There should be a page "feedback.libo.org" that can be accessed
        via a normal web browser and that summarizes the _current_
        feedback channels (that might change) for the user without using
        the "feedback" link built into LibO
      * The "feedback" menu item from withing LibO should ...
              * open the page "feedback.libo.org" today
              * be able to transport data about LibO version etc. to
                pre-fill the Bug Submission Assistant (or surveys,
                ore ...)
              * be able to open another web page in the future (without
                modifying the local installed LibO, we should be able to
                define that page)

That was why I thought that a "stablelink" which serves as a referrer
makes us independent from the feedback.libo.org. But today, it should
surely refer to that page.

If other technical means can solve the same problem ... that's more than
fine :-)

Cheers,
Christoph