Hello Christian,

2011/7/6 Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier+ooofuture@googlemail.com>

Hi David, *,

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:11 PM, David Nelson <lists@traduction.biz> wrote:

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
While the 3) is probably a good idea, if we can't do it in the
following days (like by the end of the week), I'd go for the 1).

@Christian: Well, Christian, I know you have said in the past that we
need to test out the 2 available news modules on the testing site,
make a choice and then you'll install the chosen module on
libreoffice.org.

They are installed since the discussion back then. on pumbaa - but
nobody did test them out. I guess I'd go with the "news" module
instead of the "blog" one...

Please, would it be possible for you to make a choice
out of the 2, based on your experience and knowledge of SilverStripe,

Well - both modules were not used, both can probably considered
"stock"/stable...

@Christian again: so Charles is recommending that we use the top area,
where we used to have the Challenge banner, and that we place 2
banners there: one for the Challenge site and one for the Conference
site. I'd be happy to produce the needed banners (unless the design
team is ready to come up with something by the end of the week). Would
you be willing to integrate them? (This part of the page is only
accessible to one of the admins with SSH access to the server's OS.)

Well - if there are banners, and people agree to put them up, then
sure, I can add them.

But not sure whether having three icon-elements (logo + 2 banners)
makes it too crowded. But I guess that can only be decided with the
actual mockups.

[...]
So which solution shall we choose?

I'd rather only deal with the technical details and leave the rest to
marketing/design/the community consensus :-)

But I would have definitely added a conference banner in August
anyway, and I don't mind having one up there earlier.

I think we need the banner asap...I'll ping the design list.

best,
Charles.

ciao
Christian