Hi Charles, *

Charles-H. Schulz schrieb:
David, Christian,

Le Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:05:54 +0300, David
Nelson<lists@traduction.biz> a écrit :

Hi Christian, *,

Thanks for the information and the link to the readme.

I'll study this and will post back when I have created a wiki page
of instructions (~24 hrs). Then we could maybe decide on when to
make the News module a live and working link in the
libreoffice.org menu.

Do let me know about the banner :-)

If there is a chance to get the news module life, I agree with Christoph
[1] to follow David's third option:

"I'd suggest again rolling out that News section, where we could give a
lot more room to initiatives such as these,... " [2]

I don't know if it is possible to include graphics in the news section, what would be even more eye-catching than just a text and link.

While the conference itself should go on the header, the news section is a better place for the CfP and other conference related news and contribution requests.

I'd keep the header for information targeted to the overall public:

On the one hand similar to tiny press releases - with links to more information. On the other hand donation request or any other information we want to be kept aware in the outer public area.

The conference is oriented towards the community. The Call for Papers information might be relevant to every community member. It is nor relevant to our present users, potential users and other visitors of our website.

Nevertheless I'd support a button containing the Conference logo combined with a badge "Submit your paper!" or something similar like you already mentioned on the design list. [3]

This button could be positioned on places where community members are likely to go: The wiki and other collaborative tools we use in different teams (documentation, translation, website development, developer tools etc). Even external areas of interest (for developers or any other team might get such a button.

Best regards

Bernhard

[1]: http://go.mail-archive.com/lD9e2-LiWZ_GdYzSzgSsV4n62Yk=
[2]: http://go.mail-archive.com/-Ju0K37r_qvLbpmRAA5b-BOQkm8=