Le 2011-06-18 19:19, drew a écrit :
On Sat, 2011-06-18 at 23:48 +0200, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi Andrea, *,

Am Samstag, 18. Juni 2011, 13:09:05 schrieb Andrea Pescetti:
On 17/06/2011 Andreas Mantke wrote:
We need a proposal for the text on this home page that explains what
extensions and templates are used for, why they are so helpfull. Then
the user of the site should be encouraged to provide extensions and
templates to the new site.
The text should probably also emphasize that the Document Foundation
will not recommend nonfree add-ons, as per RMS's quote on
http://www.documentfoundation.org/supporters/
Well, it's not much but if it helps to prime the pump:

Libreoffice extensions are tools, which can be added or removed
independently from your installation of the main program. Extensions may
add new functionality to your copy of Libreoffice, or to make existing
functionality easier to use.

Templates offer you a way to avoid duplicating repetitive actions when
creating new text documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. They also
offer a way to maintain consistency of document layout and standard
content, and may for example be used to maintain consistent branding
elements when used in a work place.

Best wishes,

Drew
Thanks for doing this Andreas, it's great that we will finally have a location to submit and to get these.

Thanks for doing this Drew. I added small changes, and also ... As pointed out by Andrea, I too would be in favour of expressing our (LibreOffice) commitment to ONLY offering those extensions and templates authored under a permissive license. We should point this out on extensions/templates' front page. We could use the statement that already appears on that page[1] that I find quite appropriate and incorporate our commitment:

"LibreOffice offers a wide variety of features, but in some cases, you may need another functionality that is currently not available inside LibreOffice. Extensions and templates may offer you this added functionality. On this site, we will collect a wide range of extensions and templates to satisfy your needs.

LibreOffice extensions are tools that can be added or removed independently from your installation of the main program. Extensions may add new functionality to your copy of LibreOffice, or may make existing functionality easier to use.

LibreOffice templates offer you a way to avoid duplicating repetitive actions when creating new text documents, spreadsheets, or presentations. They also offer a way to maintain consistency of document layout and standard content, and may, for example, be used to maintain consistent branding elements when used in a work place.

LibreOffice remains committed to providing users with quality software authored under permissive licensing, and, as such, our catalogue of extensions and templates are published under permissive licensing. Contributions to the catalogue are welcome. "

We should also include the same footer as found on the main LibreOffice.org site.[2]

Cheers

Marc
[1] http://kermit.documentfoundation.org:9089/LibreOffice-Extensions-and-Templates/
[2] http://www.documentfoundation.org/