Le 29/04/11 03:17 PM, drew a écrit :
On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 13:39 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 29/04/11 01:25 PM, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
I like the statement :-) but that's just "mho" .

Best,
Charles.

Thanks Charles. If there are no objections we can then move to updating
the text on the web page.

Hi Marc

I'm not objecting per se - but I am suggesting that there is no real
reason to change the text from what it currently is on the web site.

If you really feel the additions are needed then I would more strongly
suggest that you drop the last sentence.

Why?

Simply it is a true statement I believe to say that the question as to
an official, meaning hosted and owned by TDF, libreoffice forum is not
still under consideration. That decision has been made- against. That is
not a bad thing, that is an honest outcome. So let's not keep fanning
that flame.

That said, if you update the page with your full text - I would not ask
for a change, so I suppose that is a non-objection - but will be
continuing this discussion in this thread about forums, which might lead
to another change, or not :-)

Thanks

Drew

Hi Drew

From what I see, the forums topic seems to be a recurring topic on all lists. Some of the membership have discounted it, other members have not. We may say that the SC members have discounted it, however the topic of hosted forums has still come back with a vengeance and good arguments have been made on all sides. If we can at least acknowledge this, then we should then keep an open mind about it. Saying that it is not under consideration or just ignoring that last line, will again. leave doubt in our community.

" ... still under consideration." in my mind will satisfy both groups and will give us room to breathe and come back to this subject later when we can all think rationally, our membership will be more mature and the OOo situation will perhaps have settled. We need to take a little breath at this early stage of the project and offer at least the prospect that we will take this up later under more rational circumstances.

Cheers

Marc