Hi Christian, *,

On Sunday 20 March 2011 16:48:11 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Michael, *,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Michael Münch <michael@codingmicha.de>
wrote:
On Saturday 05 March 2011 22:27:02 Christoph Noack wrote:
during the OOo times it was quite common for me to "throw in ideas"
:-)
Today, I'd like to do this by addressing a topic related to handling
of
mail attachments on our mailing lists. Personally, I think this could
be
beneficial for almost everyone getting in touch with our project.

Any news about this one?

It has been decided that it will be done, and Alex is working on
implementing it :-)

Great that it could be decided so quick :)

Especially if it will be modular so that it can be used outside of the
libreoffice scope.

The plan is to implement it using pymime (mailparsing, etc) and django
(providing a management-UI for deleting attachments) & hook it up to
silverstripe to reuse the existing logins for authentication.

pymime is already used for pre-list-processing (i.e. that is the tool
that adds the Archived-At header for mail-archive.com and also adds
the footer (and does necessary charset conversions and strips html).
currenly used version is at https://github.com/tdf/pymime - when it is
rewritten to manage the attachments, it will be available from there
once its done.

Thanks, bookmarked it.

Something like different backends for plain file storage,
different DMS, mediawiki, ...

Oh, it's rather kept simple, as it explicitly is not for permanent
storage, etc. I don't know what DMS you have in mind, but especially
it won't store the files in mediawiki - that would rather defeat the
purpose

I was just thinking if I could use something like that for other purposes. But
that are just some wierd thoughts in my head at the moment. Will be looking at
it after release.

Thanks for the info,
Michael