On 2/14/11 3:19 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:

Concerns are about the way the website change *again* happened here.

I agree. We should start planning changes to the website without making them on the fly according to the opinions of a single person.

I remember an early discussion in which it was pointed out, that
marketing is a matter not only of the language but rather strongly of
the target *region*.

Marketing has nothing to do with languages. There are markets where people speak more than one language, and languages that span over the boundaries of countries. Marketing has to do with markets, which often correspond to countries, but sometimes are smaller or larger.

I wonder whether this is the final result of a genuine discussion.
Can You point me where it took place?

The discussion was about having marketing by geography, and not about how this should be reflected in the website. This is probably a subject to be discussed, because so far we have focused the efforts on specific issues and not on a comprehensive "go to market" strategy.

If Your above sentence was:
<modified>
In any case, I think that we should have as many informations helping
newcomers to understand where they should go - on the web site.
</modified>

I'm very shure no objections came up ;o))).

Of course.

Many users have never heard about wikis, and will never look for infos
inside a wiki.

That sounds funny and I think this is a very particular issue of the US
market and should be handled on the US only marketing site ;o)).

When we talk about normal users, i.e. non technical people used to Windows, they think that the only email program is Outlook, the only web browser is IE, and so on. Unfortunately, these users are close to 75% of all users.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vignoli@gmail.com