Hi Marc, *,

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Marc Paré <marc@marcpare.com> wrote:
Le 2011-01-31 16:39, Christian Lohmaier a écrit :
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:35 PM, Marc Paré<marc@marcpare.com>  wrote:

There needs to be a good calendaring system. Is there a good calendar
module
for the CMS?

Well - what is your definition of "good" :-)?

I was hoping that the calendar could manage categories. If used by NL sites,
does it show ALL of the events regardless of languages?

No - it would only show events associated with that specific calendar.

I was hoping that we
could filter in/out categories, for example report on events for the last
year in N.America and S.America or by NL events. If not then we could do it
by hand.

Well, it doesn't a filter by default, but has corresponding api to add
custom filters, etc.
http://doc.silverstripe.org/old/recipes:extending_the_event_calendar

I added one on the staging site (and also on the live site, but there
it isn't used yet)

Is it still on the live site? I can't seem to find it.

Yes, you cannot find it because as I've written: it isn't used yet.
You would have to create a page of type Calendar, and then add
corresponding events.

http://pumbaa.documentfoundation.org:7780/get-involved/events/

I am all for moving the wiki events calendar to the CMS. It should be
implemented for all languages. As usual, the NL teams could decide if they
would want to have it or not. Not sure where it would sit on the menu, the
"Get Involved" menu is already quite a busy menu line. Looks like the next
logical place is in the "About Us" as this is where blogs and Twitter feeds
are found.

Within the CMS, it is handled just the regular pages, i.e. you can
place it wherever you want.

ciao
Christian