Hi Ivan, hi all!

Thanks for the CSS (Creating Superior Styles).

Am Samstag, den 29.01.2011, 07:53 +1300 schrieb Ivan M.:
For general highlighting, the green (or blue) style
should be used.

Yep. And by the way, also for the links on the page :-)

One option might be to use the relevant colorful box
for pages pertaining to Writer, Calc, Draw, etc, but since they are
shared with other styles (e.g. impress colors are used for an error
notice), this might not be such a good idea from a UX point of view.
Maybe Christoph can weigh in briefly?

I can ... let's start with the criticism :-) I had a look at the styles,
and I consider them a bit dark (low liminance contrast) when it comes to
text vs. background. Is there any chance to make them a bit lighter? I
know, you seem to have use the lightest colors, but ...

And one CSS-newby question: is there any chance to apply a vertical
gradient to these boxes, or is a solid color required?

Concerning the colors and the applications ... if we would use full
color coding for the applications, we might also run into trouble when
it comes to LibreOffice (the application, either gray or green) and Calc
(green). So if we use slight color coding, then I do see no problems.

For example, having only dark strokes for the applications, or using the
(thanks to Paulo now great looking) document icons, then we don't run
into trouble. In this case, we also differentiate by intensity (intense
= application, slight = new CSS styles).

You remember this?
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tTTNPiZLsHQQ8pzpSGA6Iw?feat=directlink

This mockup worked okay when mixing the OOo website colors, and the
application specific colors.

Cheers,
Christoph