Hi David, all,

even if this mail contains many very good thoughts and descriptions of the way to go on, I'd like to shorten it. If someone has not read this mail en detail, I'd ask you to have a look at the archives:

David Nelson schrieb:
Hi, :-)

[...]

We are going to have to establish exactly where the role of
the website team really starts and ends.

It's going to be important to remember that the website team is there
to service the LibreOffice project's website needs, and that it is not
there to become a separate community by itself, nor to take on the
roles of other areas of the project such as marketing and SC/BoD
policy-making.

+1

People who want to influence those areas of the project are going to
have to actively involve themselves in those particular teams.

As the website is one of the most important marketing areas for LibreOffice, you mentioned in one of your very first mails to this list, that interaction with marketing experts is crucial.

Same for UX and other central areas of the entire LibreOffice community:

Involvement of the expertise from the different teams is important for the quality of our website and for the goals the entire community wants to reach by this "window to the outer world".

Exactly as you wrote here:

[...]

Meritocracy and overall consensus will have to be respected. Patience
and a degree of far-sightedness will be necessary, as will the ability
to accept compromise.

Adhesion to the LibreOffice project's overall goals is needed from
every member if we are to be part of a peaceful, successful community.

I think the entire community can follow these phrases.

If we manage to take this point as start for the "new" website team and leave the negative experiences behind, I'm sure that the result will lead to a community driven website with the highest possible quality and the most impact inside the community and outside in public perception.

But I do believe that we can arrive at solutions that take account of
reasonable wishes and ambitions.

+1

All the above is my personal 2 cents.

I don't count in money - but it's very valuable!

Thank you, David!

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Even if I'll be short in time next week, so I probably can't follow the confcall - in my eyes it would be a good idea to find a time where all the four people dedicated by the SC could join. This would allow the different aspects of the website to be discussed directly without the problem of misunderstandings on a mailing list.