Hi Ricardo, Michael, all,

as I have some comments on Michael's posting too, I inserted his reply in your's..

RGB.ES schrieb:
> Michael Wheatland wrote:
Hi Ricardo,
Might I suggest that these articles are 'end user support' and not
community or development pages.

Sorry, Michael, but I think they are very good examples of documentation.

I think that a more appropriate location for these wiki pages would be
on the soon to be created wiki.libreoffice.org rather than The
Document Foundation wiki.

As we don't have a wiki.libreoffice.org at the moment, all the LibO teams work on the TDF wiki. Your contribution there is highly appreciated.

Remember that the TDF wiki is not for LibreOffice information or
support, it is for community building and development.

This is not true for the wiki, but only for the TDF website.

You will find discussions about the LibreOffice (Not TDF) wiki
throughout the mailing list history. I am not sure who is leading this
project, but once it is created then I am sure that we will have much
discussion about the URL structure.

I can't remember to have read any mail about creating another wiki. Perhaps this might become true when the Drupal site will be able to replace the present structure, but this doesn't need to be discussed now.

About URL you already got the right reply on the TDF-discuss list:
Categories are the way to go:
<http://go.mail-archive.com/be8yWZzj8mKj7HRrcxx30XzgBOs=>

So your pages have the right names :-)

As Sophie suggested in the thread on the TDF list (<http://go.mail-archive.com/XKKWudPkoZ_suzEMmaDlaGeHh7U=>) I created the "Documentation" category and added your wiki pages there, so they can be accessed quite easily.

I don't know if you already posted about your work on the documentation mailing list - if not, I'd suggest you to subscribe there too.

Some more comments to Michael:

I would suggest we unpublish these pages from the TDF wiki. They are
useful pages, but IMHO the TDF wiki should not be confused with the
end user support.

As stated above, my personal impression of the discussions here and in the SC is different. While the websites aim at different goals, the wiki will stay a common tool for all the LibO teams.

So please leave these pages where they are.

This also clearly demonstrates the need for a LibreOffice wiki sooner
rather than later. The development page for the LibreOffice wiki is
here.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/LibreOfficeWiki

Please modify the page you just created yesterday at the same time you wrote your reply to Ricardo in a way that
- either shows that this is your personal opinion about a possible structure
- or links to the existing documentation area in the wiki
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

Could I suggest that we create a place on the TDF wiki for these pages
to reside until the LibO wiki has been created. I was thinking:
Website/LibreOfficeWiki/Proposed/*

As the proper place for such work is the documentation category, such a new place is not necessary.

Thanks! I'm looking forward for the new wiki. I think a lot of content will
need to be moved there ;)

If we'll have such a wiki, there will be quite a lot of content to be moved.

But this will probably be able to be managed by a bot depending on the categories or other tags that might be specified some day...

Best regards

Bernhard