[I am posting the following message again, as it got garbled the first time. Sorry for the
inconvenience!]

Hi!

As a result of inputs from Sophie and Christoph, it is clear now that the Drupal site would be
definitely used.
and it will be given more time to fully address the needs of all stakeholders in the LibO ecosystem.

We all know that many contributors already have their own favorite tools.
The Drupal site would have to offer the same or equivalent/compatible tools.
It may also offer tools that are so much superior that the contributors would not resist a
changeover.

That brings us to the topic of "How to collect stakeholder needs systematically".

The final design of the Drupal website will heavily depend on what every group wants.

I understand from Michael that this need-collection (and collation) is not attempted yet.
I propose to contribute in this area.

********
The stakeholders are as follows (please add if I have missed out any-):

01. Steering Committee
02. Marketing team/Evangelists
03. Usability Team
04. Project managers
05. QA team
06. Release Management team
07. Configuration Management team
08. Architects/designers
09..Coders
10. Testers
11. Product-support (bug-tracker) team
12. Authors of built-in Help system
13. Authors of User's Manual
14. Authors of Programmer's Manual
15. Authors of commercial books
16. Commercial service providers

Several functional areas overlap, and therefore the same team may handle those related areas.

For example-
Configuration Management and Release Management (or Project Management and Release Management).
Marketing and Usability (or Design and Usability).

Marketing team will have to speak for the needs of commercial book authors and service-providers.

Those who are busy with v3.3 can join after the release.

******
To start with, we should identify the leads for these teams.
That will make coordination easier.

Next, we need a platform to collect the needs of each group (including favorite tools).
IMHO Drupal site itself would be the best platform to host these pages.

The third step would be to explore possible solutions that meet those needs.
This would be the hardest step, because there are a lot of choices out there for each task.
*******

I hope Michael will provide tools that allows online brainstorming and advocacy.
Mail lists will NOT be a good platform to discuss this issue further.
We need at least a wiki page (or, better a separate forum)

Regards,
Narayan