On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 08:39 +0200, Per Eriksson wrote:

Drew Jensen skrev 2010-10-12 07:15:
Please - before this goes further could someone take the time to put
together, on the wiki I suppose, a page where we list WHAT it is we are
going to do with the CMS.

I started something here with the things that I've seen come up so far.
Please feel free to update this page as the discussion continues.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Evaluation_of_CMS_Platforms

Thanks

Just took a look.

Before I edit the page another query for the list.

Seems to me that it would be good to look at this from the different use
cases.

I see at least two overarching groups here:

End users, coming to find information / artifacts:
- personalization features, past language preferences?
- Do care about types of end users?
-- Prospective user looking to answer questions
-- Current user looking to solve problem
-- Media looking for current status information

Content developers, coming to get some work done:
- care more about personalization?
- How about types of content developers, different needs?
-- Software Development
--- Designers
--- Coders
--- Testers / QA

-- Marketing material developers

-- Documentation developers

Anyway, I'll stop here.

Just one more - I also see people saying that we need to put this stuff
up NOW because folks are asking for it NOW...well, with respect, not
really. We aren't trying to beat anyone to market per se, mostly IMO we
are just all really excited.

We need to get this stuff up in a timely fashion but that is not the
same as this moment. We don't need a commission either, but we are not
going to have this opportunity to design/develop this without the
baggage of legacy systems ever again.

Ok -getting off the soap box now

Drew