On Oct 9, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Drew Jensen wrote:
Hello Florian

Will want Ben's input - but after reading along here I've been up
looking through the docs for the Twiki/FosWiki

Seems localization is handled at the web level, not the site level,
enabled at the site level.

So it appears that, for instance, in the example site Ben's group setup
up each of the 3 'webs' could have a different language setting.

But would need confirmation - been looking at example sites with the
wiki engine - haven't found one utilizing this feature yet - it be nice
to see it in action...not that software never runs exactly as defined in
the docs...no, never.

This appears to be a moot point now that a MediaWiki has already been set up, but based on the
plugin I was looking at to provide deep multilingual support (
http://foswiki.org/Extensions/TopicTranslationsPlugin ), you could also localize per page, called
"topic" in Foswiki lingo. Thus, we could set up a complete web for any localization community to
work within their own language, and for main web content we could generate a separate page to
mirror that content in each language as well.

I've asked a few questions on the Foswiki discussion list and gotten a friendly response in return,
with the promise of more followup soon. If you'd like to join that list directly for a few days
(which has been pretty low-volume the past few days I've been on it), it would be great:

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
bhorst@mac.com
646-464-2314 (Eastern)