Instead of just putting a superscript 1 to refer to the footnote, use
Insert  -> Cross-Reference -> Cross-Reference, then Type is Footnotes,
Insert reference to is Reference, and then select your footnote. Using
this method, your text will be correct if the footnote number changes.
And apply Michael's suggestion to format the new reference.
Michael, thanks for the "Footnote Anchor" info: I was not aware of that
one.
I hope this helps.