[libreoffice-users] Re: Bug 31716 - [UI]: Context menu waits several seconds before appearing

On 11/23/2010 06:17 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2010-11-22 1:21 AM, Ron Faile wrote:
>> I also had this problem, very slow to get a right-click menu in Writer.
>> After deleting most of the extensions installed by default one by one, I
>> came to presenter-screen. I deleted the extension and restarted LibO and
>> everything works great. The right-click menu is instant.
>>
>> How to solve on Win7 64bit:
>> Close LibO and the quickstarter
>> Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 3\share\extensions
>> Delete the presenter-screen folder.
>> Restart LibO
>
> Fyi - this fixed it for me as well - but I also tested reinstalling the
> extension manually, and it seems to remain fixed, so there is something
> wrong with the way it was pre-installed...

I'd also recommending deleting all of the huge array of language
dictionaries as well. Deleting only the presenter-screen folder got me
from a 7-8 second response on right click to ~2-3 seconds. Deleting all
but the English dictionary (which is all I use anyway) got me down to
less than 1 second/instant response on Win7/3Gib/2.1Ghz laptop.

I'll test again by completely uninstalling B3 and reinstalling (I only
use Win7 for testing). I'll also try the same on the WinXP machine.