[libreoffice-users] Update availability not showing within LO

I'm using LO Version: 6.2.7.1 (x64) on a Win7 (64-bit) desktop pc (all updates applied).

LO v6.2.8 was announced nearly two weeks ago, yet no update icon appears in the upper-right area of either Calc or Writer, and when I go to |Help|Check For Updates| (in either one) I am still told that I am up-to-date.

Am I mis-understanding something about how that is supposed to work?

--
-- Tim

I know the plans I have for you:
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you;
Plans to give you hope and a future.
--- God (Jeremiah 29:11)