Den sön 16 juni 2019 kl 16:19 skrev Peter Maunder <Peter_Maunder@cantab.net
:

I suggest you check your system/keyboard settings to sort out the default
system settings.

I already know that it works with my default settings. It's only with my
own layout it doesn't work. The main reason for that is probably that my
own layout is the only one that use those keys for typing characters (with
AltGr).

How you do this will depend on your system first not LibO
and the actual keyboard, language and brand. What operating system and
language are you using, and what keyboard setting is defined?

Manjaro and I use a standard Swedish keyboard.

AltGr is controlled by your system KEYBOARD setting. Technically they are
called LEVEL 3 and LEVEL 4 (AltGr and SHIFT-ALtGr). Level 1 and 2 are
Lowercase and Shift. The settings depend on your keyboard, language and the
use of Keyboard-OPTIONS. The keyboard input is then handed over to the
application, in this case LibreOffice.

Yes, but can you then explain why it works in most other applications? It
works perfectly in all of the text editors I tried so far, for instance.
There are some difficulties with some web browsers, though. Firefox is the
one that works best in this aspect.

For example on my Keyboard set to English (UK) international, many of the
European accents, are set using the AltGr, for example ç é á Ç É Á and €
(the latter is dependant on the option settings).

Yes, but you can't type with your arrow keys. I can. Except not in
LibreOffice. Here are what's on AltGr+<arrow keys> and AltGr+Shift+<arrow
keys>: ←↑↓→ ⬄↹↔⇨
When using AltGr+<arrowkey|enter|tab|insert|delete|home|end|page up|page
down>, LibreOffice seems to ignore AltGr completely, but not when using for
instance AltGr+c which types a ℃ character.

So if the problem is in my system, why does it work in some applications?
It shouldn't work at all then, should it?
As I said, it SEEMS like LibreOffice ignores AltGr if it's not combined
with a key that normally types some kind of character.

I also have American-International,  Irish, German(Switzerland) as
alternative keyboard settings to test different settings for LibO, oh and
French(French).  They are controlled by the system.

Then I would appreciate very much if somebody would help me finding out
what's wrong with my layout. I'll share my configurations to everyone who
asks for it. Not asking anyone to help with that, just saying I would
appreciate it.
Thanks for replying. ☺

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg