Le 12/01/2019 à 19:03, Pertti Rönnberg a écrit :

Hi Pertti,

Now some questions to a LO-Base expert out there somewhere (I think the
answers can be of interest to other LOBase-dummies like me!)
1 >>I have noticed that the embedded engine HSQLDB has been replaced
with Firebird

Firebird support is still "experimental" for the moment as there are a
number of as yet unresolved bugs still needing to be fixed before it can
be considered "operational".

    >>can I still work with LOBase as a frontend the same way as before?
If not, why not?

Yes, the aim is for the frontend to work in the same way, irrespective
of the backend database engine that is supported.

    >>which are the main differences to be considered (e.g. regarding
form- and report properties like with list-/comboboxes, reports etc)
                with Firebird vs HSQLDB

The main differences are those in the names of functions, correspondence
of function definitions, data types, and user-defined functions.

    >>where can I find fresh instructions (or tutorial) for LOBase (and
if available for LOBase/Firebird)

Drew Jensen has drawn up a comparison of the functions on the
LibreOffice wiki, and of course, as Robert has mentioned, there is his
Base Handbook.

    >>how do I import a LOCalc file’s data to a (registered) LOBase
table, or in other words, get the data (with or not it’s structures)
from a LOCalc file into                 a LOBase table?

Open the Calc file.
Open your ODB file, and click on the Tables icon.
Select all of the cells in the cell range you want to import.
With the selection still active, drag and drop the selected cells onto
the table into which you want to import the data.
The Calc to Base import wizard should start.
Use the wizard to define how you want to import the data (data
definitions, definitions plus data, append data only, etc) and check
that the data types/data you are importing correspond to what you want.
As Robert has said, you need a unique primary key field to be present
either in your table définition, or already in your Calc data.

Alex