On 10/10/2010 05:26 PM, Andy Brown wrote:
On Sun Oct 10 2010 17:07:01 GMT-0700 (PDT)  NoOp wrote:
NoOp try
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel#User_Configuration
  to see if it works.

Ah. Forgot about that... I'll give it a try - thanks.

Let me now how it works out.

Works, at least on WinXP running in a VMWare Player. I created a new
folder in c:\Program Files\LibO and extracted the .exe there. I then
followed the instructions & it seems to be running just fine. Win7 is
liable to be a different beast as I've still not figured out the
directory structure in Win7 (yet).

One thing to note is that by installing this way you don't get the
benefit of added menu items, or a desktop shortcut. So you need to of
course create your own desktop shortcut which is as simple as
right-clicking on the desktop etc. However, in order to get the benefit
of the LibO system icons/associations/menu's etc., it might be better to
do the reverse: first install LibO, and then install/reinstall standard
OOo in the parallel environment. I'll modify & do that next.

Gary