I've found a number of issues with LO that are significantly different
from OOo and that I would call bugs.  I'm wondering where the best
place to report them is.  These happen on my desktop that runs:

2.6.18-194.17.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Sep 29 12:50:31 EDT 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
centos-release-5-5.el5.centos.x86_64
GNOME 2.16.0 (yeah I know it's old...)
LO_3.3.0-beta1_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
LO_3.3.0-beta1_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz

1. The 32 and 64 bit Linux tarballs do not come with a real
installation script or program.  I figured out a good way to do it
that works just fine, but I shouldn't have to do that.  Not everyone
will know how....  (I installed libreoffice-ure, then all the lobasis3
rpms, then all the libreoffice3 rpms.)

2. The 32 and 64 bit installations do not install the desktop
integration rpm for RedHat systems if OOo is already installed - rpm
gets a conflict and won't install them (unless I force it, which I
don't want to do).  This makes them much harder to use - they're not
on the panels and I have to do the nautilus integration by hand.

3. Whenever I move into a bullet/number list, the focus disappears.
It doesn't shift to the list toolbar, it just goes away.  This is
annoying - I have to type <alt><tab> or click the mouse to get it
back.

4. LO Writer doesn't always remember where I was last located in a
file.  I have a sort of journal document that I close every night and
open when I want to add to it.  LO always opens it at the top, even
though I always close it from the bottom.

5. LO starts up REALLY SLOWLY, even if I already have at least one LO
window/doc open.  OOo comes up in the window in less than a second (if
at least one is already open), whereas LO posts the window frame, then
it takes 1-3 seconds to fill in the document.  Since I have a 2.6GHz
Athlon II X4, I sort of expect something like parallel speed (to OOo)
and it's not happening.  This is consistent on all docs I've used so
far - .doc, .odt, .xls, .ods (i.e., writer & calc).

6. There is no corollary to the generic /usr/bin/openoffice.org
command in the installation.  Ths might be related to #2 above, but as
I said there, that makes the file association even harder (have to set
it explicitly for /opt/libreoffice3/program/swriter|scalc|...).

That's what I've seen so far.

Mark Richter
Software Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markhullrichter