El mar, 25-06-2024 a las 15:42 +0200, Philip Jackson escribió:
Hi Thomas,

On 2024-06-25 01:01, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

Look again, on the Writer 'File' menu for the "Export As" entry.
Not the "Export..." entry.

Thank you, but I have looked already a hundred times.
There are TWO items
* File -> Export ...
* File -> Export as PDF ...
(-> The item "Export as..." is simply not there.)

but nothing else.
and the Export as PDF ... options does NOT seem to have anything
related to epub in it.
As usual, I am probably missing something ...
Thomas

Even though I'm using an older version on linux, 7.3.7.2, I still get
all the options as shown in the image you referenced. And it displays
epub3 by default. So it's strange that your version doesn't have
this.

My W10 box has 7.6.6.3, and it too shows the same image with epub3
selected by default. To get it, I follow this path:  File > Export as
Export as epub ...     and there it is, one of four options - 2 for
pdf and 2 for epub.

<snip>

Philip

Thomas,

I too have the options you are looking for, but not sure why. The only
thing I can think is that the option has not been made available on the
File menu. So...

Try going to "Tools" to "Customize" (sorry, I have my interface in
Spanish, but that's what it normally would be) and in the popup for
"Menus", on the right "Categories", list all commands and scroll down.
There should be two EPUBs listed. Hovering over one will show "command:
uno:EportDirectToEBUB", the other simply "command: uno:ExportToEPUB"
(the own you are looking for which offers the options). Then, to the
right under "Destination" choose "File|Export as" from the drop down to
add the option (if not there)*. If it is there, you have just wasted
your time reading this, and I'm sorry.

Best of luck,
Roy

* My versions of LO Writer have in the "File:Export as" destination
come with four options: Export as pdf..., Export directly as pdf,
Export as EPUB..., Export directly as EPUB.