On 2023-09-30 08:47, Eric Beversluis wrote:
Sorry. I thought I had included the whole thread.

I had received these instructions for the styles sidebar in LO Writer:
    Use Tools -> Options -> Advanced  "Open Expert Configuration"
    Search for "minimumwidth"
    Click the "Edit" button to directly toggle  'MinimumWidth' boolean value from  "true" to "false"
    OK out to apply.
    The Sidebar Deck can now be dragged as narrow as needed before it will collapse to show just the deck TAB Bar

My problem now is that the minimumwidth setting keeps (randomly, as far as I can tell) reverting to "true," and I have to go in again and reset it to false.

So does anyone know why that would happen, how I can get it to stay at "false"? It's not like I re-installed or even updated LO when it happens. I've got LO 7.4.6.2, build https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=log;h=5b1f5509c2decdade7fda905e3e1429a67acd63d

running on Ubuntu 20.04 on Dell XPS 9315 using the Dell image that came with the computer.

==

Sorry you're having issues. But can not confirm, the value [false | true (default)] set for 'minimumwidth' is retained in profile with 7.6.2 build and current builds of master against 24.2.0 release.

Only deleting that profile .xcu, or doing a profile reset (via UI) should cause loss of the the value. Otherwise with profile intact--it would require an intentional edit to toggle the setting back to 'false'.

If you actually see the value changing in an unexplained fashion--pleasse file a ticket in the project Bugzilla.

Stuart