Using
https://www.libreofficehelp.com/libreoffice-writer-link-section-bookmark/,
created a bookmark.
Tried to create a hyperlink

Got through the first part (I think)

   - Select the link or put the cursor on page 2 (where you want to reach
   when clicking from page 1).
   - While keeping the cursor in that section from the menu, open Insert >
   Bookmark. Alternatively, if you use the Tabbed Bar style, click Bookmark
   from Insert Tab.
   - In the Bookmark dialog, give the name of your bookmark. For example,
   section A – page 2. And click Insert.
   - Open the Bookmark window again to verify whether it is created
   properly.

For the hyperlink part, I selected insert-->hyperlink and that worked. But,
when I tried to select insert-->tab, I could not see the tab option in
insert (the last option is Header / Footer). Tried the shortcut (CTRL-TAB)
with no joy. Moved the taskbar to the side to see all menu options (this
has worked before), no joy.

Went to Ask.libreoffice.com entered "How do I see all options in a
drop-down menu" under new topics (using English, Writer)