Under Writer, Labels and Business Cards are substantially identical functions: a page array of
frames (optionally linked?) to serve as containers for printable data (text or images). [For
labels, the data are typically (though not necessarily) entered via fields defined from a
database.] Though these forms might be regarded as templates, they are not under the Templates
manager. For several reasons, it would be nice to manage them more effectively, as a forms library.
I would elaborate the reasons, but don't want to lengthen this post before getting to some basic
information, like: Where are these definitions stored?

Checking LibreOffice Paths, there are User Paths and Internal Paths; presumably the Internal Paths
point to resources available to all users.  All Internal Paths are of the form (under Windows):
        C:Program Files\LibreOffice\program\..\share\<X>, where <X> is:
                "autocorr"     (for AutoCorrect)
                "autotext\en-US" (for AutoText (which is language-specific))
                "wordbook"     (for Dictionaries)
                "gallery"        (for Gallery)
For Templates, there are two Internal Paths:
        C:Program Files\LibreOffice\program\..\share\template\common;
        C:Program Files\LibreOffice\program\..\share\template\en-US;

So "share", like "program", is a first-level subdirectory under "LibreOffice", containing 31 (possibly more) shared subdirectories. Among those are five {"autocorr",
"autotext\en-US", "gallery", "template", "wordbook"} from the "Internal Paths" list, as well as 26 others NOT listed in "Internal Paths" -- but there
is no "template\en-US".

[By comparison with "autotext\en-US", I infer that there may be language-specific templates, but that there is no such
directory as listed in "Internal Paths" because there are no "en-US"-specific templates. Does that explain
it? If so, are there ANY language-specific templates, for any language? It would be interesting to see how that works.]

Among the 26 shared subdirectories NOT listed in "Internal Paths" is one for "labels". That sounded promising
for my purpose, but had only a single file, "labels.xml", dated 2021-09-08, so this is obviously not where my labels
definitions are stored. [However, labels.xml does include definitions of business cards (and all other such cards), and I could
at least edit it to put the manufacturers in alphabetical order -- small comfort. ;-) ]

But that still does not expose user-defined labels definitions (which are appended when LibreOffice
loads to the shared definitions in labels.xml) and I could not find those user-defined definitions.
The only thing I could find under LibreOffice user Appdata, that was at least timestamp-compatible,
was a file pack\registrymodifications.pack.  It is a binary file, not readable, and I don't know
how to decode it.  Could that be where user definitions reside? If so,
(a) How is that file read and edited?
(b) Why are user-defined label definitions not in the same kind of XML file as shared definitions?

John <with profound apologies for the length>