I have used the Shift F5 method for some years.
User data set.

Inspired of this thread I saved a document with 8 pages and reopened it. The document opens on the page where the the cursor was when saving the document, but without showing the cursor as the Shift F5 method does.

LibreOfficeDev Writer 7.6.0.0 on Windows 11.

Kolbjørn

Den 23.07.2023 23:30, skreiv Chuck Stuettgen:
This bug appeared beginning in version 7.1.0.1. Since then there have been
82 releases of LibreOffice.  There have been 13 releases of 7.5 which was
when it was supposed to have been fixed.   Now 7.6 has been released.

Apparently, we are in the minority of the more than 200 million users of
LibreOffice for whom this is a problem.  I can only surmise the rest of 200
million users are only editing short 1 or 2 page documents so never
encounter the problem.

I wasn't aware of the SHIFT F5 workaround and wound up removing the distro
supplied version and installed 7.0.6.2 from the Document Foundation's
download site.  7.0.6.2 is the last version without the bug.

Would I prefer to use a more up to date version?  Absolutely!  But I
routinely edit documents of 100 pages or more and having to hunt down the
last edited location is a major problem.

Some day, when I don't have anything else to do, I'll set up another
computer and install the latest version to see if I can live with the
SHIFT-F5 work around.

Until then I'll stick with 7.0.6.2.
Chuck