When editing a paragraph style, in the 'Organizer' tab you can specify 'Next style'. Is that set to
be your custom 'block outline' style? I don't really understand why two Enters would kick you out
if one doesn't.

A style purist would say that you should define a separate style with greater spacing, rather than
using blank paragraphs.

- Robert