On Fri, 16 Dec 2022, W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. wrote:

My assumption is that Chris is looking for help on when to hyphenate compound adjectives (like 'the red-brown dog' but 'the big brown dog'), similar to how LO has rules about when to hyphenate words at the ends of lines. Hyphenation of compound adjectives involves a lot of judgment and personal taste. As far as I know, there's nothing about it in LO.

I bet one could generate of list of frequent hypenated cases and add them to LB's auto-correct function.

Would that work at all?

One could make up one's own list but I bet one can find such lying around online.

fjd

- Robert