± is not a time/date value it should be formated as a
regular number and would show 8.75
8 hours and 45 minutes
Values in time format versus values in number format.

08:45:00 AM</font>
0.364583333333333
06:00:00 PM</font>
8.75</div>

The 8.75 gets converted to 8 being the number of days,
and the .75 is 3/4 of a day being 18 hours, so isn't a
time/date value. But is the correct value to multiple by
the pay rate.