If I understand what you are looking at.
With A1 having 8:45
B1 having A1/time(1,0,0)
B1 would have decimal equivalent of time in hours
C1 would be B1 * $15 (example rate)
C1 would be 131.25 (8.75 * 15)

That would work if 24 hours or less.
If values more than 24 hours would need to more
Example:
a6=days as whole number
a6=2
b6=2:00 (time(2,0,0))
c6=(a6+b6)/time(1,0,0)
d6=c6*15 (50 * 15) = 750

Another example:
a9 =date(0,0,2)+time(2,0,0) Displays 12/02/99 02:00am
b9 =(a9-date(0,0,0))/time(1,0,0) Displays 50
c9 =b9 * 15 Display 750