Bottom posting ....

On 1/28/22 11:28 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
From: Tim Johnson [mailto:tim@akwebsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2022, 23:02 UTC
To: MLLibreOffice
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Table cell background and text highlighting

version 6.4.7.2 on ubuntu linux

I am unable to change the background color of a table cell, once an
initial color is selected.
I suspect that this may be solved by modifying text highlighting.

However I am unable to find any way to turn on or off text highlighting.
No icon appears to be present that would control such a process. I have
looked through all of the drop down menus and so far, have not found the
appropriate control.

Any help would be most welcome.

thanks
Hi Tim,

I have tried every possible way I can think of to recreate your issue,
but I cannot make it happen.
Running 6.4.7.2 on Mint 20.1, when simply clicking (not necessarily
selecting) inside a cell and choosing any color from the "Table Cell
Background Color" dialog the cell background is unquestionably filled
with that color. I get the same result if a range of cells are selected.
See:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/1hhrkcx0gdhh8jl/Table_Cell_Background.png/file
(45k)

I get the same result with a parallel 6.4.7.2 install on a Windows box.

Is it possible you might be opening the border color dialog by mistake?

Hi Dave:

As I suggested to another responder, I believe that I might have done something to set up text highlighting, because if I attempt to change the background color, that change does show up on the perimeter of the cell, next to - but not including the border.

I have added a highlight icon to the text object toolbar, but it is inactive.

As for renaming (presumably temporarily disabling?) my profile, would that be to rename the entire path at ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/ ?

thanks so much

--
Tim
tj49.com