Thanks you for the prompt reply Girvin.

The replacement table is empty at the moment; any font replacements/
substitutions are happening due to defaults.

I did find the X11 font table but Fedora uses Wayland instead of X11
as the display manager so it may not show up in Gnome, and hence to
Libre Office. None of the common fonts seem to be in the fonts.alias
table in the X11/dpi100 font directory.

I didn't know there is a font database; I'll have to look that up and
see if it helps.

I might have to install Apache Open Office but that would be a
significant business risk if I screw up and lose the existing LO
version because of the management of the drawing inserts.

Regards,

John