At 02:37 02/10/2020 -0700, Chimel Noname wrote:
I use the formula IF(A1<>"";NOW()) copied to every cell of column B. It gives me the correct time every time I type anything on a line of column A. But this is refreshed constantly by the time of the computer, not the time I typed something in column A. I tried looking for a static version of NOW() or playing with iterations (probably not correctly) or looking for a way to stop recomputing this specific column to no avail. Is there a way to set on column B the time of the typing on each line of column A and keep it as a static time.

This is a simple question but unfortunately does not appear to have a simple answer. But - like with your other question - you can do something using a recursive formula. Enter into B1
=IF(A1="";"";IF(B1="";NOW();B1))
Once again, you need to have Tools | Options... | LibreOffice Calc | Calculate | Iterative References | Iterations ticked.

This almost works, in that if A1 is empty and you enter something there, then B1 will change to record the time. But if you now simply overtype what is already in A1, B1 will not change. There is an easy workaround, however: before typing your new value into A1, just press Delete to empty A1 (B1 will now be empty too) and then enter your new value (B1 becomes the new time).

So far, I am forced to type or insert the time manually each time.

No longer!

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker