On 30-09-2020 20:52, Dave Howorth wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 19:33:13 +0200
Wiebe van der Worp <w@vanderworp.org> wrote:

The lack of response is probably a confirmation that there is no
mechanism to keep links to various external sources up to date.

Which suggests that this is probably the wrong forum to discuss it.
Either a bug report or another mailing list would seem appropriate,
though I don't know which of
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/ is appropriate. :(

I see what you mean. The project is served by paying the deserved attention to this subject. The question is more or less answered and the (q&d( solution is available, I solved it with a script for Linux (lives here: https://vanderworp.org/en/libreoffice-writer-template-changing/) but I see there is an extension available again at https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/template-changer/.