On 2020/06/14 18:18, H wrote:
I have been running LibreOffice under CentOS 7 for several years and am a satisfied user. I
would, however, very much like to have the ability to both import and export documents in the
markdown-format, preferable the CommonMark flavor which also handles tables.
Are there any such plans?
Somewhere on GitHub is a project that converts MarkDown to/from ODT. I
did ask the developer if they would be willing to modify it, so that it
could be used as a LibO extension. They declined, on the grounds that
that feature would be outside the scope of their project.

There used to be an extension that validated Markdown, when creating
documents using that presentation markup language. It did _not_ convert
MarkDown to/from ODT.  I say used to be, because it calls something
within LibO that appears to no longer exists.

jonathon