Den lör 6 juli 2019 kl 00:34 skrev fudmier <southofmexico@yahoo.com>:

Styles the way they are supposed to be is ????

Just that it's worth the time to make sure you have all the styles you'll
need and always use them, rather than using direct formatting. There are a
bit more to styles that first meet the eye. At work I see people work with
Word and they do all kinds of insane stuff, direct formatting everything
and very soon it's all a mess that's hard to sort out. Nothing looks
consistent and, well, I already said it, everything is a mess. For
instance, I see people use Word like they would use a typewriter. They do
blank lines to increase the distance between paragraphs (instead of setting
the distance to the next paragraph in the style itself), and when writing
things in columns they use space characters and so on. I think I have seen
most kinds of crazy things being done in Word (which is what they use at my
work). Suddenly they find that all headers are a bit too big or too small,
then they have to edit a hundred pages maybe and they just spend time doing
things that they wouldn't need to do if they did it right in the first
place. Some people like to mess with fonts as well, making several words in
each paragraph bold, for instance, which usually doesn't add anything
useful for anybody. Sure, there can be reasons to do that once in a while,
but too much just looks messy.

If you do your styles right, you will only use your Enter key once for each
paragraph or header, and never more than once in a row. Your text will look
consistent and there is no mess to deal with. Instead of inventing
different ways to deal with a mess, just don't create the mess!

But as someone pointed out, sometimes someone else wrote the document and
maybe in a different format, but there are ways to deal with that too, as
someone also already described in this thread.

Another thing to mention is of course that in LibreOffice (and Apache
OpenOffice) there are no ”codes” to reveal in the first place, so if we
must have such a feature, those codes has to be faked somehow. That doesn't
seem like a good way to make LibreOffice faster…

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg