On 7/5/2019 4:28 PM, James Knott wrote:

Many years ago, I used Wordstar 2000 at work and it had similar issues
with all the formatting codes.  I'd often go through documents clearing
up the mess others had created because they didn't understand what the
formatting codes did.  Like WP, Wordstar had a method to display the
mess^H^H^H^H formatting created with those codes.

With WP, I recall seeing paragraphs beginning with a string of
conflicting formatting codes such as
<SingleSpace><DblSpace><SingleSpace><LineSpace:1.5><DbleSpace>. It
appeared that, as a user made formatting changes, the program would just
add the new code without deleting the formatting being replaced. The
program would only apply the last code, but all the earlier ones
remained in place until they were deleted using reveal codes, which was
a real life saver with WP.

To my knowledge, that sort of thing doesn't happen with LO, making
reveal codes unnecessary. To me, using reveal codes  in LO is like
trying to use a gas gauge on an electric car.

Virgil