"j" == jomali  <jomali3945@gmail.com> writes:

I don't remember the details of the sxw format. Perhaps reveal codes were
appropriate then. However, ODF files have a complex SGML or HTML or XML
type format, along with a form of CSS, unlike WordPerfect and similar
programs, which used embedded code to delineate format changes. That is,
there are no format codes to reveal in ODF documents. Any program that
pretended  to show some kind of "format code" would be hopelessly
misleading.

If I remember correctly sxw was a lot like odt, styles included, the
changes between both was mostly name conventions of the tags etc, but I
am not completely sure.

But right wordperfect has a different approach then OO or even word, but
may that reveal code feature could work for those documents which take
more a visual approach and don't rely much on styles.

BTW I just remembered there is a app called cross eyes for Word 2011,
which has some reveal functionality and Word 2011 used already xml based
file formats.